Porthleven’s Diamond Jubilee Picnic in the Park
- Midday – Mayor of Porthleven opens the event
- 12:05 – 1pm Porthleven Town Band will entertain you.
- 1pm -1:30pm Porthleven School’s Choir. This is their world exclusive performance!2pm – 3pm Children’s games, with medals and prizes
- 1.45 – 2.15pm – Jubilee cake competition judging
- 3pm – 4pm Porthleven’s Jubilee Tug of War competition
- 4:15pm – Jubilee Crown Parade
- 5pm – The end of this marvellous event
Even though there are some key events taking place you can also just chill out and listen to at least 5 different artists entertaining you with their songs.
For the children (and adults) you can have your faced painted in Jubilee colours or make a Jubilee crown which will be judged and prizes awarded for the best crown. Also, the children will be able to bounce to their hearts content on the bouncy castle, or have a go at being a Sumo wrestler, or test their skills on the surf machine! All these will be free!
In the Marquee there will be a bar provide by the Atlantic Inn, Pasty’s from the Horse and Jockey Bakery, and cream teas from Nauti-but-Ice.
There will also be two toilets on site to save you the walk home, or to the public toilets at Shute Lane.
So, pack a blanket, bring a picnic and enjoy what will be a very memorable day that will be remembered for years to come. Lastly, there will be a prize for the best dressed jubilee person!