Planning Application for three timber shelters on ‘Harbour Head Terrace’
After the excitement of the Shipyard application being live and open for comment; brace yourself for another one. This time it is a re-submission of thee timber shelters and kiosks in the location of what is being named at Harbour Head Terrace.
The official planning application number is PA17/00847. The documents can be found HERE.
In the Design, Access and Heritage statement it says:
“At the centre of the proposals is the desire to enhance the communal enjoyment of the Harbour Head, the harbour itself, and the popular views of the harbour and notable buildings. The proposals offer an appropriate and sustainable use of the Harbour Head Terrace for the long-term benefit of the local community and wider area. The Heritage Impact Assessment produced for the purposes of the application outline the conservation principles which are to:
- Improve views of the inner and outer harbour by providing an appropriate public space;
- Enhance the communal and aesthetic heritage value of the Harbour Head; • Bring sustainable new uses to the existing Harbour Head.
- Enhance the Harbour Character Area identified within the Conservation Area.”
It goes on to say:
“Alongside this, there are clear objectives regarding benefits to the local economy which are to:
- Promote permeability, activity in the local and wider area;
- Promote local arts, crafts and trades to exhibit and trade in the local area;
- Support local events, markets, concerts, and festivals;
- Promote regeneration in the local and wider area.”
All the document information can be read HERE. You can also make comment online, or like the Shipyard application at one of the applicants consultation events, If you cannot make either of those events, you can officially comment to Cornwall Council and/or Porthleven TC.