The discussion of which Cabinet portfolio is assigned to who has taken place today at County Hall. I am very pleased to say I have been given the Childrens Portfolio. This is an area I really wanted, as I have for the last four years been involved in scrutiny and policy development for this portfolio.
The main areas this portfolio covers are:
- Education and Schools
- Safeguarding Children
- Family Services
- Integrated Youth Services
- Individual Needs and Disability Services
- Carers Board
There is a lot to do, but I am really looking to continuing to work within this area. The next few weeks will be taken up with bringing me up to speed on the various areas.
For those worried about the local divisional role I carry out, do not worry, as I will still give the same level of dedication I have given to date. The local role is to me as important as the Cabinet role.
The other portfolio positions are:
- Devolution and Localism – Jeremy Rowe
- Health and Adults – Judith Haycock
- Homes and Communities – Geoff Brown
- Transport and Waste – Bert Biscoe
- Environment, Heritage and Planning – Edwina Hannaford
- Economy and Culture – Julian German
- Partnerships – Adam Paynter
- Finance and Resources – Alex Folkes